Thursday, November 27, 2008

My start in poker

I started playing some freerolls in sites like everest poker, titan, full tilt, and ultimate. I did very well, cashing out in many of them and even getting a few second and third places. Sadly i never won one, but for a real beginer in poker is not such a bad result ( four months ago i barely knew the rules of the game).

Everest was the first site i joined, i played the limit holdem sitngo freerolls making a good progres. I played a lot of them and in some time ( a week or so) i managed to put $1 in my account. Then i took that money and i played cash games. It was a extremely good start i had in this games, making $1 into $7 in a few days of playing. Also it was very hard when i lose it all in a few hands later. Now my account in this site reads $0.00. I learned something there...


A few days later i run into a page on the internet that said i can get $50 just for registering and taking a quiz, i did and also i started to read some articles and books in order to learn more about the game. Bankroll management!! i didn't care about that before and i realized that it was a very important aspect of the game.
With $56 in full tilt ($50 of my free bankroll, and $6 won in a freeroll) i started to play $1 sitngos.
Then i realized that the rake in this games was too high and i switched to $2. I'm playing those games until now because i dind't yet reached the necesary bankroll to advance to a higher level.

In the moment i have $92 dollars in my account at full tilt and i think i'm making a very good progress. Not bad for a true beginer...

No comments: